a seventeenth






Earlier in the year, I went to a friend's 17th. To think I would be going to a party like this at such an age. I was only 20 then; not too bad. But nevertheless, I felt strange - watching a mix of 16 and 17-year-olds (some intoxicated, some sober) partying about, dancing, singing, conversing etc. My friend and I - a couple of years younger than me - ended up talking to the parents, eating, and sitting on the couch inside away from the life of the party only to catch up. It was fun watching the chaos happening outside, but it was good to remember that I never really was a party girl. Well, I mean, these were minors; I had to be the responsible 20-year-old. Funnily enough, I was the oldest non-family member there. It was fun though - overall. The hostess was lovely - stressed but lovely. I love her with all my heart and I wish her a very belated 17th. She deserved a wonderful night and I'm glad I was there to celebrate her special day. Here's to seventeenth - and hopefully my last.


ex oh,
CITRA



No comments:

Post a Comment