spring wishlist 2014


1. Organza Panel Midi Skirt // 2. NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette // 3. Flower Crown // 4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Eau de Parfum in Honey // 5. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 13 Peach Passion // 6. Therapy Tama // 7. Essie Spring Collection 2014

When winds get stronger in the Northern hemisphere, the sun comes out for longer in the Southern hemisphere. Those of you situated in the Northern hemisphere  may or may not be aware that it is not autumn/fall in the Southern hemisphere; it's Spring. On that note, I present to you a little spring wishlist, that is, for us southern peeps getting more exposure to the sun.. and suffering from various cases of hay fever.

1/ I don't know about you, but I think I see midi skirts creeping its way into fashion again--well, after the 60's anyways. But not just any regular midi skirt, but one that has an organza panel - a sheer strip along the lower section of the skirt. It's like a little peek into femininity. I personally quite like the style. It's sophisticated and modern, yet ten percent sensual.

2/ You may not, but I definitely believe that spring is not spring without corals and peaches. That's right. I cannot survive spring unless I have a dose of coral or peach on myself. Therefore, NARS' one-stop-cheek-palette is the way to go. There are three cheek blushes in Deep Throat, Sex Fantasy, Final Cut, a Miss Liberty highlighter, and to top it all off, a generous amount of the trusty Laguna bronzer. What more could a spring-entering-girl ask for? It is limited edition, so make sure to get your hands on it soon!

3/ To be honest with you, I've never had the guts to wear a floral headband outside. Nor have I actually bought one #lel just because it's not really my style, you know what I'm saying. Spring, however, is the perfect season to try out something new, so... maybe I could take a little risk upon myself, and just try it out. If you're interested, the beautiful Kani has a line of some gorgeous flower head pieces you should totally check out here.

4/ Whether it's summer, spring, winter, or fall, we all need a good scent to our identities... right? Well, this one in particular is great for spring, the season of new beginnings. No, but seriously, honey.

5From the moment I saw Zoe (a.k.a. Zoella) rave about this lipstick, I fell in love. It's a beautiful more-peach-than-pink shade that goes perfectly with every skin tone. In my opinion, it's the perfect spring colour. It is on the higher end of the beauty spectrum, so if you don't want to spend that much on a lipstick, I'm sure there are plenty of similar-colour lipsticks that are much less expensive than this particular one.

6/ I'm not too sure about you guys up in the Northern hemisphere, but here in Australia, white flatforms are seriously creeping into every girl's closet. And you know what, I'm almost at the thought of joining this... movement? No, but seriously, I think they really complete the look. Simply pair these babies with almost any outfit; that spring outfit you're itching to wear - yeah, wear these gorgeous flatforms with it.

7/ It's time to bring out the pastels, because spring is well on its way! When I think of spring colours, I always see beautiful, soft, pastel shades of everything. But there's always a bold colour. Always. As many of us know, Essie has a trustworthy range of pastel-coloured nail polishes, and since I've been surviving on clear nail polish and base coats for the past few months, I'm going to bring myself down to the Essie stand and binge on a few 'spring forward' colours.

You know, the uncanny thing is that right now, as I write this outside at uni, it's cloudy and reasonably windy; the sun is barely coming through the clouds, and I'm in need of a good heater. Well, let's just keep our fingers crossed that the sun will come out for longer this spring, and the winds be more gentle.

So, tell me, what are your spring essentials?


ex oh,
CITRA

No comments:

Post a Comment