yocal



// Yocal // 18 Collie St, Fremantle WA 6160 // 
// Breakfast, Coffee, Sandwiches/Subs // www.facebook.com/yocalcafe //

Last Sunday, I went down to Fremantle to get some study done at uni, but before that, my mum and I went to a cafe to grab some brunch. Even though I'm always in the area, I've never really explored the main café strip. This one is located opposite to Nandos, approximately. There's a nice alfresco area out the front, and also on the side. Once you go on, there's this fresh, beach-y, rustic atmosphere you just can't help but love. We weren't too hungry, so we just ordered one toasted mushroom, spinach and capsicum bagel ($7) to share, along with an extra hot latte ($3) for mum, and the usual skinny latte ($3) for me. The bagel was vegetarian, so I was a bit hesitant about it at first, but my mum wanted it so I just went with it. I didn't think it would taste that good, but boy was it amazing. It definitely exceeded my expectations. But hey, this is coming from a girl who had never tasted a bagel until this very moment; so I'm probably no expert on the perfect bagel, or anything like that. Mum said her coffee was pretty good, and I thought likewise with mine. It wasn't bitter, was nice and smooth, so I didn't have to put my usual two sugars in it. 

In terms of service, I felt very welcomed, and very happy. The ladies there were so sweet and friendly, I couldn't help but order more. I forgot to take a photo, but after we finished the bagel and our lattes, I ordered some fresh juice ($5); I chose orange, carrot and celery. It turned out orange, and you could definitely taste the celery, but it wasn't too strong, which is what I prefer. 

Overall, I was very satisfied with my experience here, and to tell you the truth, I went down there again on Monday to grab some brunch and do a bit of study for a couple of hours. There weren't any 'move-on' vibes and I saw another person studying as well, so this is definitely going on my 'good café's to study in' list. So if you're ever down in Freo, give this place a good chance.

Yocal on Urbanspoon

ex, oh
CITRA

No comments:

Post a Comment