God is so good


[written on a late night in Redding, CA]

God is so good.

Honestly, I never imagined I would feel His love from people like this so soon. Coming here, I was so scared because it's the unknown. It's always scary. But encountering such genuine community and such pure heartedness from the people I've met so far is amazing. God really is so good. Before I came, I wasn't sure how excited I would be here, but now that I'm here, I am beyond excited for what's to come and for what God is going to do in my life and in the lives of all the first years here.

There is still a little bit of fear, hold-back, hindering me from the fullness of vulnerability. But, I have hope. I'm asking God to really truly move me and change my heart, soften my heart, and fully reveal Himself to me. I'm open, and I'm ready for Tuesday's classes.

There are times when I miss everyone back home, but I think the more saturated I get in the community here and the closer I get to people, the less I'll think about it. I don't think I've completely moved out of that season mentally and emotionally yet, but I do see and feel myself moving forward slowly but surely. I'm excited. Pumped. Keen for the school year, keen to learn, keen to soak it all in. 

Father, I'm so thankful that you have sent me here. Although I'm still a little scared, I ask you to invade my space, invade my heart, love on me, and take that fear of man away from me. I'm yours for the taking and I'm amazed at your determination to increase my influence and grow in you. I love you, Lord. Goodnight!



from a different perspective,
CITRA

No comments:

Post a Comment